Tickets Sold Online Only. Timed-Entry Reservation Required.
The town of Dread Hollow is a small farming community that would forever have its reputation darkened by one of its founding members, Mercy Harker. Mercy convinced the founding fathers that 13 of its young women were a coven of witches, which would lead the town into the depths of depravity and evil. The witch trials lasted only 3 days before fear forced the founders to pass the guilty verdict. The constable, Jedidiah Kane, was tasked with the executions. All 13 women were hanged and then burned at the same time. As the smoke from the burning bodies filled the air, the townspeople looked on in silence - all but for a cackling laughter that echoed down Main Street. Mercy Harker had watched her evil plan unfold from the clock tower, and through the peals of her evil laugh, she screeched, "This town is now mine!". As she uttered those words, lightning struck the clock tower, supposedly killing Mercy and stopping the clock at 1:00 pm.
It is said that the spilling of the blood of 13 innocents cursed the soil of Dread Hollow. Since that incident, evil has been drawn to the town throughout the generations. Many believe that Mercy Harker didn't die on the clock tower that night and that she still lives and continues to manipulate the town. It is known that throughout the years, more people have gone missing in the town of Dread Hollow than in any other small town in America.
The darkness that shadows Dread Hollow is said to have spawned from Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern. The evil that resided in the Haunted Cavern terrified visitors for decades before seeping down the mountain and settling on the town of Dread Hollow.
AWARD-WINNING HAUNT - DREAD HOLLOW
- Fan-voted #1 Haunt in the Nation in 2018 - ScurryFace.com
- #4 on Top 10 2018 Must-See Haunts in Tennessee - TheScareFactor.com
- September 2018 STS Top 20 Event - Dread Hollow
- "The Ten Best Haunted Attractions in Tennessee" - Best of American Towns, October 2018
- "America's Most Haunted Attractions" - TravelPulse, October 2018
- September 2017 STS Top 20 Event - Dread Hollow
- Fan-voted 2017 Top 10 Must-See Haunt in Tennessee - TheScareFactor.com
Dread Hollow is created by the masterminds behind the award-winning Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern.
Before the evil settled on Dread Hollow, a record-breaking number of victims flocked to Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern, located deep in the cave on Lookout Mountain. Haunted Cavern was voted as a Top Haunt by the Haunted Attraction Association and was designated a Top 20 Event by Southeast Tourism Society year after year. Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern was also listed in the sixth spot on the national haunt list by Rand McNally and as number four on Buzzfeed's national list of "19 Terrifying Haunted Houses You Should Experience Before You Die."
A top haunt in Tennessee year after year, Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern won many awards throughout its storied history.
2016 Voted a Top Haunt by the Haunted Attraction Association
- 12/16 RF Haunted Cavern named on America's top haunt list by HAA
- 2016 Haunted Cavern #1 on TheScareFactor.com
- 2010-2016 STS Top 20 for Ruby Falls Haunted Cavern
- 10/14 Haunted Cavern #4 on Buzzfeed's national Most Terrifying Haunted House list
- 2014 Haunted Attraction Association Board of Directors Award for Haunted Cavern
- 2011 Haunted Cavern listed on top 10 haunt list by Yahoo! News
- October 2010 #6 on Rand McNally's haunted house (national) list